Workshops in France

Monday, January 11, 2016

30 Paintings in 30 Days #11 Lavender Field

#11 Lavender Field
Lavender Field
After a long afternoon of scouting before the guests arrived, we headed back for a glass of something cool and regional. We were in the Côtes du Rhone after all. We drove past this farm house and in unison decided "Let's paint that!" A quick U-turn, we pulled off the road and whipped out our gear in a race before the golden hour ended. I managed to start this sketch, then got distracted photographing my artist friends thigh-deep in lavender. See Instagram for those pics. Oh well I never finished it there. But I did manage to complete it 6 months later in the studio.

Oil on Linen Panel. 6" x 6"
As with all my 30 in 30 paintings, please contact me for availability or leave a comment below!
Or buy through DailyPaintWorks for the duration of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.

2 comments: